Sunday, September 9, 2007

Divine Appointments Part 2

August 10, 2007

I rejoined the SonLight Power team in Choluteca on Tuesday, July 24, and took Bertha and Joel with me, because Allen was anxious for Joel to see what he does. The teams had headed out to the site before we arrived because it was so remote. My guide from Choluteca had never been there, but no problem. Someone who had been there printed off a satellite photo from Google Earth and marked the route. As we lurched over truly terrible dirt roads we checked in frequently by cellphone to verify that we we on the right track (literally). Sometimes the contrast here is almost too much to take!

The installations went very smoothly and Allen had plenty of time to share with children the reason why he does this: so they can have the Light of the world as well as electric lights.

The guys even had time to paint my apartment on Thursday. We were also able to visit one of the pastors I work with so they could see with their own eyes how God is working here.

In a final flourish of divine power, a member of Meilyn's church offered to arrange a meeting for Allen with the Honduran Minister of Education. None of us have any contacts that high in the government! It went very well and could lead to a partnership that would dramatically expand the reach of the solar power ministry.

The team flew out on Friday, July 27 and I spent a week washing sheets :-)

But the answers to my prayer for visitors keep coming - I was at the Marriott Hotel here in Tegucigalpa yesterday when I looked up and saw my former boss from Urgent Care in Cincinnati sitting across the restaurant! He had just finished a medical brigade and was heading out the next day. I was able to take him on a short tour of our ministry and show him how God is working here in Honduras. He said he had meant to email me about his trip, but forgot in the rush of preparation. Obviously, human forgetting has no effect on divine appointments!



No comments: